Our company is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy
Home Garden is the data controller as per the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
The following data may be collected and processed:
1. Information provided by the completion of forms on homegarden.org.uk (our site) and also our app including when you download the app to your device, submit an enquiry on our site, via our app or email, report issues or request further services. Data can include your name, email address, address, age, telephone number, username, password and any other information provided on registration including credit card or financial information, personal description, any pets you may have, information regarding your household or business and any photographs provided by you, i.e. images of your property.
2. When contacting us you should be aware that a record will be kept of that correspondence.
3. You may occasionally be asked to participate in surveys for our research purposes which you are not obliged to reply to.
4. Technical information may be automatically collected when you visit our website or use our app including type of mobile device, network information, operating system, browser and your time zone.
5. Information about your computer may be collected that will provide us with statistical data to report to our advertisers and does not identify individuals. Information includes: IP address, operating system and browser type.
6. Data required for billing purposes collected when using our app or visiting our site such as location data, traffic data, weblogs and accessed resources.
7. We may use GPS or other similar technology with our app to provide location-enabled services and determine your current location.
8. The third parties we work closely with may receive information about you which may be passed to us.
Cookies are an essential part of the functioning of our gardening site. They allow us to remember your preferences, such as your language and location settings, so you don't have to constantly enter them every time you visit our site. They also help us to analyze how users interact with our site, which pages are most popular, and identify any technical issues that may arise.
The data collected through cookies is used solely for internal purposes and is not shared with any third parties. This information helps us to improve the overall performance and user experience of our website.
What type of cookies do we use?
We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our gardening site. First-party cookies are those that are set by our own website, while third-party cookies are set by external websites that provide services to us. Some of the common types of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are required for the basic functioning of our site and cannot be disabled.
Storage of Data
1. Data collected from you may be transferred and stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Staff outside the EEA who work for our suppliers may collect your data when processing your payment details, booking or providing support services. When you are submitting personal data, your agreement to this transfer, processing or storing is implicit.
2. We use secure servers for all data storage. All credit card and payment details are SSL encrypted. Responsibility for keeping passwords confidential remains with you.
3. We endeavour to protect your personal information but data transmitted via the internet is not entirely secured. We do not guarantee the security of data transferred to our site and any such transfer is at your own risk.
Use of Personal Information
Your personal data is used to:
1. Ensure our site/app content is best presented to you and your computer/device.
2. Arrange provision of services and manage booking enquiries.
3. Meet our contractual obligations towards you.
4. Enable you to participate in interactive site features.
5. To provide information about services or goods that may be of interest to you either directly or via permitted third parties. Opting-out of receiving messages is possible at any time, referring to the contact details below.
Data shared with a service provider allocated to you may include:
1. Your contact details, i.e. name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
2. Any details about your property including photographs and the services required from information provided by you.
3. Details of our non-binding quotation to you.
4. Your payment details.
Disclosure of Information
Your personal information may be disclosed to any member of our group of companies, as per section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Third Party Disclosure
1. If our business or assets are acquired by a third party we may disclose your data to the prospective buyer or seller.
2. If Home Garden and its assets are acquired, your personal data will become a transferable asset.
You are free to refuse that your personal data be processed for marketing purposes. The Act allows you the right of access to information held about you.
Third Party Websites
Our site includes links connecting us with partner network and affiliates’ websites. By following such links, note that we do not accept responsibility or liability for your privacy and advise that you consult the third party websites’ privacy policies.